Tuesday 17 September 2013

Roxy Rolla!!


You know how I said I'd never go out before class again? This is the time when I think my Opa calling lawyers, "Liiiiars" is suitable because "Oops I did it again"!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me...

My old friend Jack (Daniels) fooled me again! That little bugger.

I like to think I am getting much better at this though...

I made it to class this morning and was still able to enjoy the amazing Zac Brown concert AND hit up country night at the Roxy afterwards. #champion

Thank goodness I did attend class because its ALL civil procedure and this was not my best course in law school (no thanks to the liquid induced, life-hating, too-tight-skirt wearing professor who's answer to every question was "rephrase your question please" or "refer to your text").

The professor just surprised us with a "fun" advocacy exercise - a chambers application - due Wednesday. Grrreaaaat.  I can feel the butterflies multiplying in my stomach as he speaks about the application. The courtroom scares the bejeebers out of me. I have sang live in front of thousands of people and on television and acted in plays all my life, but for some reason the courtroom is on a whole different level!  It makes me want to crawl in a hole and die.  Needless to say, this should be super fun!

It is now 11:30am and I think that its time for this girl to go to bed. Still two more hours...

I am wishing myself luck and trying to pay attention.  The glaze is washing over everyone's eyes as he talks about civil procedure timelines and expectations.  Lord help us.

My mind is still going about this chambers application. I may need to brush up on my courtroom etiquette or this may be me:




I hope that my, normally hidden, "small-town-hick" doesn't come out in the courtroom.

'Til tomorrow.


Love: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment