Monday 23 September 2013

Manic (aka PANIC) Monday!

My booze-blues Sunday lead to an epiphany that I really need to smarten up, SLAP out of it (for any Cougar Town watchers), and start on a better, more positive path. That means having an end goal rather than floating around, spending money, and wasting time. :)

I started off this more positive path with a rainy morning run. I was still smiling when I got back which was a good sign...right?!? Feeling motivated!

Things still going great and a friend even offered to drive me to class! Wowza. Things are looking up!

Class started (with me being a tad bit late - but coffee in hand so worth it!); and its Criminal Procedure time.

Then the bomb hit.

We have left civil procedure and moved onto criminal procedure.  Unfortunately, the CIVIL mock trial is on Saturday and the time for preparation is slowly diminishing.  This week consists of: a direct examination exercise (recorded) tomorrow; lecture, cross-examination, guest lecturer, and video on Wednesday until 5pm; Thursday consists of a lecture and practice exercise on opening and closing statements; and finally we get a day to prepare for the civil trial on Friday.  All of that, on top of the 150 pages of readings and exam prep....

Pressure is on.

Before we all start panicking, its important to keep visualising the end goal: BECOME A LAWYER!  We can do it.

"Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, ain't nothin' gonna slow me down. Oh no! We got to keep on movin'"

Its so easy to lose sight of everything we have all worked so hard to get to. PLTC isn't easy and its definitely a bit of a Sh*t Show, but the key is to keep positive.


Just Keep Runnin'!!!

Love, Miss-Ali.






No comments:

Post a Comment