Wednesday 16 October 2013

Shout out to Kamlooooops!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

I'd like to begin by saying that the family lawyer who spoke to us today made a huge shout out to Kamloops for their "collegial lawyers" and his "excellent legal experience" working there before moving to Vancouver.

I am very proud to say that I article in Kamloops.  I feel confident that I have, and will continue to gain, the skills and knowledge required to face any "big city" counsel in the courtroom or across the negotiating table.

*Feeling Excited*

Family law got even more exciting today when the lecturer told a story about one of his clients.

A client came in and told him that he wanted to get a divorce.  When the lawyer asked what was going on in their relationship, the client answered, "She does not agree with my lifestyle choices."

Well, the lawyer thought that his client was going to say that he was gay and that his wife was not okay with him expressing his sexuality.  The lawyer was terribly wrong.  The client said that he was a "furry". A what?!?!

The whole class erupted into laughter, but I had no clue what was going on.  I learned the term "furry", which for those of you who don't know, is NOT a term you'd think in the traditional sense...

Furry is a person who likes to dress up in furry animal suits/costumes and go out with their friends who are also Furries... (I still think that this is a sick joke...)



Apparently this client also liked to dress up in furry animal attire in the bedroom.  Hmmmm... I love animals but I would have to agree with the wife on this one. #weirdo

I really don't think I can top that today so I'm signing out.

Love, Me.

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! I'm with yout there girl! Weirdo for sure! Kim

    ReplyDelete