Tuesday 8 October 2013

Letters of Intent...

A letter of intent is like dating...

"You like me, and I like you and we can date, but that doesn't mean we are in a monogamous, 'binding' relationship".

- Speaker for lecture on "Agreement of Purchase and Sale of a Business"

My first question, "How many letters of intent can you enter into at the same time?"


Did I say that?!? Shocker I know.

Moving on...

In the first week of PLTC they taught us the importance of mental and physical health.  Without being mentally and physically strong, our work as lawyers will be drastically affected and we will be unable to serve the community to the best of our ability. That is almost a direct quote. So, I took this as the golden rule and used this to justify (because lawyers - and women - can justify ANYTHING!) attending class after the morning lecture...

I woke up at 8:30 and went for a 45 minute run by the ocean.  The sun was shining and the sky was blue. My whole day changed because of my choice to take an hour "mental holiday".  I still can't wipe the smile off my face and I feel recharged, motivated, and happy.  I have a study date after class and feel as if I can conquer all!

Here is the video of my run this morning. I hope you watch it and can share in my moment of peace...My "Happy Place". :)


Being a lawyer - or any career for that matter - is just one piece of (our) lives.  Although my passion for helping others, joy of arguing the law, and excitement to be a part of such a highly respected profession makes me who I am, it is still a job.  Other things in life must be taken into consideration and I am ecstatic about my choice for betterment this morning!!

For everyone, I hope you take a moment for yourself today.





No comments:

Post a Comment